The only solution is to reduce the size of the file when it seems to be increased by splitting the file. By splitting, the size can be maintained and users won’t have to be worried about the data loss. Split PST tool will help you to split up the PST files into MB and/or GB size. From the coming session you will get to know more about the tool, starting from its size to features and much more.
What Is Split PST?Split PST is an advanced, simple and efficient tool that enables you to divide PST file thus, allowing you to maintain the data.The tool helps you to attain a clear division on the PST file, no matter how large the file is.With this utility, users can divide both the ANSI and Unicode PST files within seconds. In the below segments, each hook and corner of the software is discussed.
Highlighting Features Of Split PST Software
- Divide the PST into small through date, year, size and folder wise
- Stores the PST in desired location, as per user choice
- Supports all the versions of Outlook PST, 2000 and above
- Lists a detail report on the splitting with PST size, split option etc.
- Splits all the contents of Outlook PST
- Size: 7.4 MB
- Version: 4.2
- Processor: 1 GHz processor (2.4 GHz is recommended)
- Windows Supported: Supports Windows 8.1 and below. But, Windows 8.1/8/7 or Vista users should launch the tool as “Run as Administrator”.
- MS Outlook: Supports Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 (32/64 bit). Outlook should be installed and configured in the system for running the tool.
Special FunctionalitiesSplit By size:
This option of the software allows the users to split the large PST file either ANSI or Unicode to small size ranging from 5 MB to 10 GB. With this, users can keep the file in equal size, reduces hanging of Outlook. Users can specify the range of division according to their need and can even specify the location.
Split By Year:
With this option, you can split the PST files year wise. You can specify the year from which the split should start and end. Once when the year is specified, the tool will create the files accordingly.
Split By Date:
The split by date option is supported for splitting the file with data. Here, user should mention the date and the tool will provide two outputs; one PST will be of old, other created as per the specified date.
Split By Folder: This splits the PST file according to the folders in it. You will see the split as, inbox.pst, outbox.pst, contacts.pst etc.
Listing Pros & Cons Of The ToolMerits:
- It is a simple and user-friendly tool; much technical knowledge is not required for operating.
- There is no restriction for the type of PST files; enables splitting of both Unicode and ANSI PSTs.
- Provides the users four different options such as, date, year, size and folder to split their PST files.
- Time consumption for splitting is less and splits file by preserving all the data contents.
The tool functions very well but, the limitation or the restriction that you come across may be is, it doesn’t support splitting of damaged PST files. Users can split those PSTs which are not corrupted or damaged. Though splitting of inaccessible file sounds weird, there should have some option for the split. Apart from that there are no drawbacks seen for the tool, the tool is efficient for splitting.
Final VerdictOutlook has become popular among all the organizations. Now all the records of the employees are listed with the help of it and it has become the secure emailing platform. When it comes to the organization level, there will be lot of data to be stored ultimately leading to the file size increase. Increase in size will obviously lead to corruption of file and thus, data loss. To get rid of this situation, Split PST tool will help. It enables to split the PST file, no size limitation is kept. The software is pretty much simple to use and helps to Split large PST file. This application will give you a solution for increasing the performance of Outlook. The tool can be rated of around 4.7/5.
Article by: Peter Baris